We often show up on our mat dealing with injuries or pain; sometimes even caused by the practice itself. Yikes!
Yoga can tend to be hard on upper bodies; this workshop will arm you with knowledge on the complexities of the shoulder joint which will allow you to make better, stronger, choices in your movement practices.
What you will learn:
- anatomy & biomechanics of the shoulder
- the link between shoulders & wrist pain
- what muscle tension is really trying to tell you
- pros & cons of alignment
- pitfalls in common yoga poses
- tip & tricks you can take into any class
After an interactive lecture, we will integrate your new knowledge on the mat in a 80 min shoulder focused sequence; bringing functional movement and mindfulness together so you can practice with strong and safe shoulders for a sustainable practice in the years to come!
ALL LEVELS WELCOME